PA4

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Jul 23 23:03:35 UTC 2013

On 23.07.2013 22:58, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer
> <colomar at autistici.org> wrote:
>
>> other than that, modulo proximity blindness, it looks fine for me on
>> devices
>> != wetab
>
>> We definitely need structured testing. With the last few RCs, I
>> always had several problems (e.g. with the RC from Sunday running
>> live from the USB stick on my Wetab, new files were still not being
>> indexed (tested with a text file saved in KWrite), an absolute
>> release blocker). I don't
>
> just tried it, it doesn't work when saving files from kwrite, but
> works fine when copying or creatng a new file otherwise.

> seems because kwrite creates for a while a file with a temp name, then
> renames it immediately, while nepomuk was trying to index the old
> file, that doesn't exist anymore.

Oh, seems like I picked the wrong test case (or maybe the right one,
because otherwise the problem would not have been spotted). Do we have
any other applications in PA which create new files, or did you use the
command line to create a file?
If we had any other application for writing a text file which does not
have that problem, I'd say "Okay, screw KWrite", but unfortunately we
currently don't. So I guess we'll need to fix or work around that
problem somehow.
Is KWrite the only application which does this, or does that problem
affect other applications as well?