When will PA Devel repos upgrade to 4.11?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 11 21:49:30 UTC 2013

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 20:29:47 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi everyone (and especially Marco),
> are there already plans for when to switch the PA Devel repos to Plasma
> Workspaces 4.11? Any rough estimations for when this might happen?

There are no plans for this currently. We need to get PA4 out first, something
that will be back on our plates once Akademy is over.

> The KMail Active GSoC project currently faces a problem: Our prototype needs
> some improvements in the Plasma Components that are not yet available in
> the 4.10 version. Therefore Mike has created some patched 4.10 packages in
> order to make it work on the PA Devel images. However, there seem to be

Which changes? It may be possible to do a correct backport of the QML
component changes from kde-runtime if that is all that is concerned.

> pretty much useless (I get the error "This object could not be created for
> the following reason: Could not create a declarativeappletscript
> ScriptEngine for the Active Mail Prototype Widget" and the same for other
> Plasmoids as well).

Obviously the patched package(s) are broken.