Task-Centric file creation - First mockups

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Jan 31 15:27:11 UTC 2013

On Thursday 31 January 2013 15:43:57 Inge Wallin wrote:
> This is very interesting.  I don't have much feedback but I just want to
> raise one issue that creating new stuff (documents in my case) need to take
> into account: templates.  Sometimes you want to create a new completely
> empty document. Sometimes you want to create something from an existing
> template.
>
> Sometimes you even want to create a new document from an old one but that is
> another matter. Just don't forget templates when you design the
> interaction.

Yes, templates are actually one of the central parts of the task system (at
least for document creation tasks). From a task-centric perspective, a
template is part of a task. For example "Write business letter to John" would
automatically select the corresponding template. So for each template there
should be a specific task.