Task Launcher - mockups

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jan 31 13:18:03 UTC 2013

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 14:00:11 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> I've heard repeatedly from members of the Plasma Active team that a bunch of
> isolated "half toy half utility" apps is precisely what PA is _not_
> supposed to be.

correct; that said, it is also just fine if people write such applications and
make them available to users of Plasma Active. it's simply not what we
optimize for. the other side of that is what marco notes: we shouldn't make it
harder to make "half toy half utility" apps if that's what someone wants to
do.

so we focus on the "not an app bucket" concept and deliver that to people ..
and the masses who come will fill in the crApps as they see fit :)

of course, if we design the productivity aspects well enough, many 3rd parties
will take advantage of them.

so as marco notes, we need to keep in mind that should we introduce this
pseudo-language system we need to keep both using it and creating apps that
use those systems easy .. and i think we can :)