Task Launcher - mockups

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:43:13 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 30 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> Attached you'll see my idea for a new task-centric Launch area, in which
> everything is a task, and the categories are verbs (see "select task.png").
> Each list would be flickable vertically (I know, this conflicts with

hm, no i think any form of vertical flick shouldn't be allowed in the panel.
otherwise you have an area that doesn't always behave the same, (in general
vertical scrolling into something that already scrolls vertically pretty much
means frustration, just look how annoying is when happens in a website) the
panel covering everything (and being the only piece of ui that modofies
everything) must remail very, very easy to hide (even worse now that dragging
works very very badly when done over the window strip due to a bad x11
limitation, that is probably not fixable before wayland)