Bug-fixing "real-life" sprint?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:43:24 UTC 2013

On Monday 21 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> Plasma Active is still quite a bit further from "feature-completeness",
> though, so it might take longer for it to reach a state which can stay
> for a while without further feature development.

well, is true, but it needs as well porting to plasma2, which for several
reasons is more urgent than even the porting of the desktop.

so i want the qt4 version (that pretty much has hit a wall in terms of what
the underlying platform can do) change as little as possible from now on.

> So okay, looks like a polishing focus for Akademy it is, then.
> That means that we need an "emergency stabilization plan" for PA4,
> though. I don't know if with our resources alone we can get PA from its
> current state to a releasable state in time, so we might need to do
> things like
> - ship older versions of software which has too many problems in its
> current version in PA

yeah, this may be the only option for akonadi based software:/