Summary of issues, let's get to work!

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Jan 20 16:03:39 UTC 2013

Okay, I admit defeat, there is too much broken right now to use Bugzilla for
everything, so I'll just comment on the bugs here:

> Boot
> * hackish, should use completely systemd, or at least the systemd module
> package not being called "nemo-mobile-session" (problem in mer)
>
> Nepomuk/activities
> * the default activity doesn't seem to come up with the two default linked
> resources

Still present in current Master/Integration

> * impossible to add resource to an activity, partially reproducible on a
> desktop build (seems kjobs don't get auto started anymore upon creation,
> very weird)

In current Master/Integration
- SLC -> Connect does not seem to do anything.
- Dragging to "Current Activity" in Files does not work
- Adding via Add Items works (although see the bug below).
- Sometimes in the Add Items dialog when switching to the Images tab, the
screen blanks and it doesn't come back again. Pressing the power button
activates the Lock, but when I unlock, I get back to the blank screen

> * the model doesn't see connected resources until next boot, tough seems
> nepomuk not emitting added/removed signals

In current Master/Integration, resources don't show up on the Activity Screen
even after reboot. They don't ever show.

> Panel:
> * invisible kmix and nepomuk icons, seems on ly on the first boot
> * networkmanager nags with kwallet creation/allow app in the first run

Still present in Master. Cannot really check with Integration because it's not
present on first boot.

> Launcher
> * since is a runner, the order gets changed after launching items, their
> weight changes

Hm, I can't see that in current Master, but maybe I've just not launched
things often enough to see any effect?

> * konsole icon enabled by default

Still present in Master/Integration

> * new icon that shouldn't be there, "Import wizard" from kdepim

That one is fixed.

> Development settings
> * impossible to show the mouse: X started with nocursor from Mer

Still present in Master, but fixed in Integration

> Keyboard
> * if crashes (never happened) or gets killed, will restart without kniwing
> where to fetch plasma components
> * Very old problem: some text fields lose focus when clicking on a button:
> probably due to touchscreen driver problems that delivers some unwanted
> click, problem was masked when the keyboard masked input from the whole
> screen

This seems to have been solved with most text fields in current
Master/Integration. I've only been able to reproduce it with the New Tag field
from SLC so far.

> SLC
> * all nepomuk related services don't work (add to activities sometimes)

Still present in Master/Integration

> Applications
>
> Broken applications due to upgrades
> * all kdepim: akonadi crashes on start

I can't see an Akonadi crash report, but Akonadi doesn't work either.

> * alarms: affected by akonadi as well

New alarms are not shown in Master, but they are in Integration.

> * networkmanager is invisible in the panel (has been ported to qml, seems a
> parse error, talking with Lamarque)

It is visible after the second boot now.

> File Browser
> * Difficult to drag and drop (toolbar drop targets are very small)

Yes, they have to be bigger. Same Problem in Calligra Active, News Reader and
probably others as well.

> * drop to trash doesn't work (always error message)

Still present in Master/Integration

> News reader
> * always loads as "desktop" (must be ported to new device specific ui
> framework)

How can I tell which version is loaded? The UI components used are touch-
friendly, as far as I can tell (apart from the usual way-too-small toolbar
icons), but I don't know what it's supposed to look/behave like in Active.

> Bangarang
> * seems to work, but should be replaced by plasma mediacenter

Yes.

> Active addons
> * nags with kwallet creation/allow application in the first run (same as
> networkmanager)

Well, that's not a bug per se. we should think about how to implement kwallet
ideally from a user's perspective, though. I don't think we should store
passwords unencrypted on a mobile device, but it has to work as easily as
possible for the user. Using the user password for encryption isn't such a
bright idea with the current default user passwords, either, however.

There is currently a bigger problem, though: Add Ons does not connect to my
account anymore. When I press "Connect!", nothing happens. No error message,
nothing.

Oh and then there is also the power management mess that should definitely be
fixed for PA4.

Marco is right: We definitely need some serious testing/bug fixing action
right now. There seem to be new bugs coming up all the time. Not in new
features, but in those that have been working fine in PA3 (and some actually
until a few weeks ago).