WeTab won't boot

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Thu Jan 17 09:52:19 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 23:35:17 schrieb active-request at kde.org:
> On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 07:24:27 PM Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 January 2013 21:47:36 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > You can get a weekly devel Mer image from
> > > http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-
>
> exopc/tablet/mer/devel/weekly/
>

> > These images use the Master repository by default (i.e. "always stable").
> > If you want to be absolutely bleeding edge and help testing, after
> > you've installed the image, go to Settings -> Development and activate
> > "Enable Integration Repository". This comes with the usual hamster
> > eating warning, of course.
>
> I did that and now I have a WeTab that won't boot.  It hangs after
> printing  the "system-fsck" message.  There is something in the
> integration repository that is broken.
>
> I'm fairly sure that it's not in the weekly I used (basyskom-plasma-active-
> wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130113-2013.iso) because after I installed
> the  weekly, I set up networking and then I rebooted.  My WeTab booted as
> expected.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> Install basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130113-2013.iso
> Boot
> Set up networking
> Change settings (I turned off the display blanking and sleeping; set time
> using  ntp, enabled the ad blocker in the web browser)
> In settings, enable the integration repository
> Open a terminal
> Become root
> zypper refresh
> zypper upgrade
> sync
> sync
> reboot
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:13:54 -0500
> From: David Talmage <talmage at acm.org>
> To: active at kde.org
> Subject: Re: repos for devel
>
> On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 08:48:16 AM David Talmage wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 07:24:27 PM Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 09 January 2013 21:47:36 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:

> > I did that and now I have a WeTab that won't boot.  It hangs after
> > printing the "system-fsck" message.  There is something in the
> > integration repository that is broken.
>
> I forgot to report that my WeTab also displays the default X cursor and
> that I  can move the cursor around with my finger or with a mouse.

I had the same behavior on my wetab. For the first time the cursor was show,
when booting. I am not shure, if i enabled it in the Developer-Settings.

I reinstalled the devel-iso 13-01-2013, booted, installed the media-center and
dolphin, enabled the integration-repo and did zypper ref and up. All went well
and now akonadi is working again. In the evening, I did another zypper up, no
problems.
BTW there are allways about 180 packages which are updated, is this o.k.?

Would there have been a way without reinstalling PA?

Wolfgang