File-Browser: tags

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:59:19 UTC 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> >> tag deletion is now implemented on that branch (Aaron, should be pushed
> >> in integration as well):
> >> the ui is just like alarms and notifications deletion (drag them
> >> horizontally, since is destructive has a little confirmation button)
> >>
> >> i think the ui for that works very well.
>
> Awesome! Yes, please, push it in Integration soon, I'd love to see it in
> action! I currently cannot see the horizontal slide in action in Alarms,
> as due to the keyboard bug I cannot enter text for a new alarm and it
> does not let me create one without text, so I cannot remove any by
> sliding :(

should be possible to create alarms without text as well.
(and oh, in current devel the alarms app should work again due to akonadi
being fixex now)

seeing the feature in files working well is not yet really possible due to
nepomuk having many issues (luckily commits in nepomuk that originated the
issues have been identified, Vishes is now trying to fix properly)

> associated to the selected file(s). It should not differ between single
> and multiple files, though, and I don't think a new UI is needed. The
> current tag UI should work for that.
>
> > ah, btw tagg assign/remove can be done with slc as well now...
> > wonder if is that enough>
>
> I think assigning/removing via drag&drop in Files and additionally via
> SLC should be sufficient.

ok, so i'll leave the branch as is, we'll see how this work so