File-Browser: tags

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jan 14 12:50:07 UTC 2013

On 14.01.2013 13:29, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2013, Marco Martin wrote:
>
>>> i have an idea how to do that, i'll put it in the branch in
>>> pa4/fileBrowser- tagManagement and we'll see
>>
>> tag deletion is now implemented on that branch (Aaron, should be pushed in
>> integration as well):
>> the ui is just like alarms and notifications deletion (drag them
>> horizontally, since is destructive has a little confirmation button)
>>
>> i think the ui for that works very well.

Awesome! Yes, please, push it in Integration soon, I'd love to see it in
action! I currently cannot see the horizontal slide in action in Alarms,
as due to the keyboard bug I cannot enter text for a new alarm and it
does not let me create one without text, so I cannot remove any by
sliding :(

But in general I think this could work: Horizontal slide for additional
options in vertical lists, vertical slide for options in horizontally
scrolling grids like the resources grid (not implemented yet, but we've
talked about the idea).

>> still not sure how to do a good UI for showing individual tags of a single
>> file and delete only some of them tough

Why do we need a separate UI for that? You can just select a single
file, see which tags turn blue and then drag it to the ones you want to
remove. Why a different UI for single vs. multiple files?
Or do the tags not turn blue if a file they're associated with is
selected? I don't have my Wetab here so I can't look... If that's not
the case, then we need some way to indicate which of the tags are
associated to the selected file(s). It should not differ between single
and multiple files, though, and I don't think a new UI is needed. The
current tag UI should work for that.

> ah, btw tagg assign/remove can be done with slc as well now...
> wonder if is that enough>

I think assigning/removing via drag&drop in Files and additionally via
SLC should be sufficient.