touch optimized ksnapshot

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 18:30:03 UTC 2013

On Saturday 12 January 2013 17:07:48 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> I had to use ksnapshot today and it wasn't a pleasure to use on a
> touchscreen so I decided to improve that.
> Here is my UI mockup; http://postimage.org/image/dq2xwnl2t/ .
> Feedback would be welcome. The wiki seems to be down so i couldn't check if
> it's HIG compliant.
>
> For the delay chooser: i remember a suitable widget for choosing between
> numbers but i couldn't find it.
> Any hints?
>
> I'd  like to make this into a working application for PA if nobody is
> already working on this.
out of interest: will you make it part of the existing KSnapshot source base
or a new application? I'm just asking because KSnapshot will be one of the few
applications which need some love before going to Qt 5. So if you would go for
a complete new app, I would like to talk to you to give you some input what
would be problematic with Qt 5.

> Ah and this would be my first contribution to KDE (besides a minor patch)
> so please be patient with me.
pretty cool :-)  welcome to the KDE development team. Starting with KSnapshot
is awesome. I was so impressed when I first touched that code base. It's so
old, but KSnapshot looks so young and has so many well known KDE developers
who have worked on it. Great choice :-)

Cheers
Martin Gräßlin