GSOC Kontact Touch

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:04:52 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 26 February 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2013 17:12:43 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> > I'd like to participate in GSOC 2013.  This year’s theme is "KDE++ aka
> > polish everything" so Kontact Touch seems to be a good candidate in my
> > eyes.
>
> Absolutely! Kontact Touch is one of our strong points functionality-wise,
> but the UI clearly needs a major face lift for it to become a prime Plasma
> Active citizen. So yes, it is a great candidate for polishing!

and btw, right now was an attempt to have almost 1:1 functionality of the full
kontact...
if it got simplified down quite a bit, but what remains would start to work
very well, i would be happy ;)

> It is not supposed to stay this way and you are free to experiment, but
> since you'll likely define some new standards with this, I'd like to
> co-mentor you to keep an eye on things.

yeah, in the end a new ui would be discussed here just as usually happens for
the other bits.
and as mentor for ui design, I fully support Thomas.
what would be super cool is a kdepim developer to mentor the code part.