[Kde-pim] GSOC Kontact Touch

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 17:56:21 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 18:42:16 Anders Lund wrote:
> The way dialogs are implemented with slide-in pages instead of tabs is not
> working very well, it is confusing and unintuitive to use in my experience.

"Dear $DEITY, please do not bring the plague of tabs to Plasma Active."

but yes, the workflow needs re-examining. we have 3 sets of tools at our
disposal to achieve this and keep the Plasma Active design harmony:

* column based categorized lists (Add Ons, News, Settings)
* side drawers (Files, okular active)
* in-line UI (page stack and friends)

i don't think there will be a single silver bullet for all the ways dialogs
and drawers are currently used in Kontact Touch, but mapping out the overall
workflow using the above three approaches should be possible and result in
improvements.