User Feedback Plasma Active On Nexus 7

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Feb 20 14:42:53 UTC 2013

On 20.02.2013 15:31, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2013 15:16:04 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>>> The password is asked on each wakeup if a kwallet password is set and
>>> the WPA key is stored in kwallet.
>>
>> aaaaaah. yes, kwallet needs a default set up with no password.
> for this specific case it would be enough to not close the wallet on suspend,
> but I think KWallet's UI is not (yet) suited for touch - so better no
> password.

Just keeping KWallet open on suspend sounds like a good compromise to
me, actually. Though it's not touch-optimized, I think the KWallet UI
works okay in general. I wouldn't mind entering the password once after
booting, just having to enter it on every wakeup sucks because a tablet
suspends so often.
It would be nice to give users the option to decide whether they want to
use no password at all or enter it once after boot. I for one would use
the second option so that if someone steals my tablet while it's off,
that person won't have all my passwords in plain text. That would be a
good compromise between convenience and security for me.