User Feedback Plasma Active On Nexus 7

Swapnil Bhartiya editor at muktware.com
Tue Feb 19 21:53:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have installed and running Plasma Active on my Nexus 7 and pretty
impressed. It works really well on that hardware. I do understand that a
lot of development is going on so here is my feedback:
1. You need to enter password (when the tablet wakes up from sleep),
it's not needed.
2. If you are using an app which needs keyboard, Kwrite, and then you
pull the top bar to access applications the keyboard doesn't disappear
and you can't do anything [IMG 1]
3. Keyboard should automatically dissapear when not needed.
4. Keyboard is way too small and it not at all efficient to do some
decent typing (coming from a writer). I would hit the space key everytime.
5. If you are tying long text (or running commands in the terminal) the
keyboard hides the text, the text should stay above the keyboard. [IMG 2]
6. Bluetooth is not working. I have USB host but USB Keyboad is also not
detected.
7. Keyboard doesn't work in Marbel/Browser. When Kate is opened it
doesn't open the keyboard.
8. When playing media there is no option to go back to file manager from
where I access the media to play the next clip or song.
9. Menu items in apps like Kwrite are too small to be accessed. I don't
think its convinient to use.

PS: I like the clock very much. The settings page is the kind of UI I
would love to see across the tablet :-)

best
Swapnil Bhartiya
IMG 1: