Packaging of Calligra for PA

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 15:23:15 UTC 2013

Hi,
On 17.02.2013 14:43, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2013, 13:56:58 schrieb Maurice de la Ferté:
>>> First trivial request is up, seems it works all for me :)
>> Request is applied :)
> \o/
>
> Okay, now that this is established I can get to serious changes :)
>
> Nothing in the pipe yet, but already thinking about how to best fix the
> incomplete registering for all supported mimetypes within the Calligra build
> system. Too late for 2.6.1, but than packagers can always still patch the
> released stuff ;)
>
> Next questions:
> Can I reuse that branch I created somehow?
> How do I ideally merge the changes from the official calligra package?
> Any request is just a diff between the branch to the official package, or?
Yes you can reuse this branched project so long you are not deleting
it. By sending submit requests via Web-Frontend you will see a checkbox
about something like 'deleting after merge', which is enabled by default.
This behaviour is disabled by using 'osc submitrequest' via command
line. A easy way to keep in sync with original package is following setup:

1. Branch a random package from the original project.
     By this you will get the repository setup and build dependencies
     from the original project.

     e.g. osc branch Project:KDE:Devel/cmake

2. Open project home:<user>:Project:KDE:Devel via Web-Frontend
     and enable repository publishing.

     Repositories --> Publish Flag --> All --> Explicity enable

     By this you are able to install the packages directly on your test
machine

3. Open project home:<user>:Project:KDE:Devel via Web-Frontend
     and branch the package you like to modify/maintain.

     Packages --> Branch package from other project -->
     Name of original project: Project:KDE:Devel
     Name of package in original project: calligra
     Name of branched package in target project:
********[ ] Stay on current revision, don't merge future upstream
changes automatically

4. Open project home:<user>:Project:KDE:Devel via Web-Frontend
     and delete random package again.

     Packages --> cmake --> Delete package

By this setup you have all changes from original package plus the
changes you are
working on. Please note, by this merge conflicts can happen you have to
solve on
your own.

Cheers

Maurice