Packaging of Calligra for PA

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 12:56:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 17.02.2013 02:02, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi Maurice,
>
> Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2013, 04:38:09 schrieb Maurice de la Ferté:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 16.02.2013 03:21, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Reached the state where I can do packaging:
>>> 1. Installed Mer SDK
>>> 2. Revived my MeeGo.com account (password of course forgotten, and the
>>> server did not sent out the new one for a few days, but at least today
>>> finally) 3. Setup OSC locally
>>> 4, Checkout Project:KDE:Devel calligra
>>> 5. Build packages locally with
>>>
>>>      osc build --no-verify Mer_Core-next_CE_UX_PlasmaActive_i586 i586
>>>
>>> So far everything worked :)
>>> (modulo try & error bumping on the way to get there, but no animals or
>>> humans were hurt, minimal data loss, like when accidentally untaring the
>>> SDK tarball in the own home directory, doh)
>>>
>>> Notes are taken and will be added to the wiki, once I am sure of the
>>> process.
>>>
>>> Now the next questions:
>>> 1. Is the YAML file or the spec file used? (any good intro into YAML?)
>> The spec file is used, but it is generated and updated by yaml
>> Please note, spec an yaml file might be out of sync in calligra atm
>> - Command 'specify' will do the update job
>> - Mer SDK is using newer version as used at the moment
>> - Urls:
>>       http://wiki.meego.com/Spectacle
>>       http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Docs/1.0/Packaging/Tutorial
>> - No doubt, starting with yaml will be a pain in the ass
>>     - spec changes outside # >> ; # << area get silently dropped
>>     - specify will add or remote stuff from specfile depending on file
>> section
>>       e.g. #%{libdir}lib<anything>.so.* in file section creates a
>> ldconfig postinstall entry
>>       e.g. # <any path>.desktop in file section creates a
>> desktop-file-install post install entry
>> - If help needed ask in #active or #mer
> No pain yet, but than I have not done enough ;) Thanks, think I got how things
> are done.
>
>>> 2. How is review done for spec/yaml changes?
>> Best practice is
>> - 'osc branch Project:KDE:Devel calligra'
>> - checkout local copy of branched package
>> - making changes
>> - building local
>> - pushing changes
>> - building remote
>> - reviewing rpmlint messages in logs
>> - adding branching repos to test machine
>> - installing branching packages on test machine
>> - 'osc submitrequest <branched project> calligra Project:KDE:Devel'
>> - asking for review on #active
> First trivial request is up, seems it works all for me :)

Request is applied :)

>>> 3. Is there a way to run the PA shell from inside the Mer SDK and test the
>>> locally created packages, with Xephyr or similar
>> I never tried to install PA into Mer SDK so I don't know, but I fear it
>> does not work.
> Too bad :/ Especially as the ExoPC dies for me every few times, incl. broken
> rpm database now and then. Sucks :(
> (yes, happened also before I started to mess with packaging ;) )
>
> Is that common behaviour? Or is my ExoPC broken?
Ouch, for me it sounds like a broken device too. I'm using the following
images
installed in VirtualBox and never faced a broken rpm database, it makes a
robust impression to me:
http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-exopc/tablet/mer/devel/weekly/

Therefor I followed the description on following URL with enable the
mous cursor: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation#Virtual_Box

Also I changed the /usr/share/kde4/config/kwinactiverc from 'Backend=OpenGL'
to 'Backend=XRender' to make compositing working again. I used 'vim'
from 'konsole'
for editing. Please note, do not click into the black window area
otherwise you will
get the virtual keyboard which will stuck till reboot by broken compositing.

If you are wondering why the desktop icons for calligra are missing,
they are
blacklisted inside /usr/share/kde4/config/active-blacklistrc and get
visible after
removing 'sheets,words,stage,calligramobile' from it (maybe restart is
needed).
I don't know why they are blacklisted, because sheets, words and stage makes
a very useful impression to me. The calligramobile looks a bit broken
because
I'm not able to open any document by choosing with it.

Cheers

Maurice