New iso of PA4

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 20:47:27 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 December 2013 18:42:00 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> I have tried my luck, unfortunately with frustrating results. In virtualbox
> the iso boots fine and has network-connection, which works. After installing
> it, the network connection does not work any more. I have not tested, if it
> is still crashing.
> At thr end of the installation, i get the message, that some packages are
> missing.
>
> Installing on my weTab was not possible, as it did not find a bootable
> system on the stick. I tried to make it bootable with unetbootin, but i had
> no success.
>  Do you have any ideas?

ha! right, i always forget that the wetab bios wants some magic in front of
isos to boot them (since i have an exopc that is almost identic but has a real
bios)

I modified that iso, now it should work.

as documented on the kickstarts readme, you can also correct your own iso with
the command as root (with all the care a dangerous command like that implies)

printf "\x9d\x2a\x44\x7b"|dd of=plasma-active-i586-stable-2013-12-10.iso
conv=notrunc bs=1 count=4 seek=440