New iso of PA4

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Thu Dec 19 17:42:00 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2013, 13:05:59 schrieb Wolfgang Romey:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2013, 12:54:32 schrieb Marco Martin:
> > On Thursday 19 December 2013, Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > > As I wrote, i tested the latest iso on virtualbox. The live-image
> > > worked,
> > > but after installation i had no network-connection and no wallpapers in
> > > the activities. When i tried to set a wallpaper PA4 crashed and made
> > > virtualbox crash too.
> > > As i got no reaction on my report and no one wrote, that the iso worked
> > > on
> > > the weTab, i did not try it there.
> > >
> > > So now, i will test it on my weTab, folder mer is allready safed, and,
> > > as
> > > there is a new version of virtualbox in debian, in virtualbox again. I
> > > will
> > > report.
> >
> > as far i remember, network never worked on virtualbox for me, at least not
> > since it was switched to Mer. I would like to know if anyboady has an idea
> > why.
> > I guess the kernel of the official x86 hardware adaptation of nemo doesn't
> > have drivers for the virtual ethernet devices supprted by virtualbox?
>
> Until the latest update, network worked without problems in virtualbox on my
> debian unstable installation. I allways tried updating in virtualbox before
> updating my weTab.
>
> Wolfgang
I have tried my luck, unfortunately with frustrating results. In virtualbox
the iso boots fine and has network-connection, which works. After installing
it, the network connection does not work any more. I have not tested, if it is
still crashing.
At thr end of the installation, i get the message, that some packages are
missing.

Installing on my weTab was not possible, as it did not find a bootable system
on the stick. I tried to make it bootable with unetbootin, but i had no
success.
 Do you have any ideas?

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert