Kontact Touch MailView Mockups

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Aug 3 15:41:14 UTC 2013

On Friday, 2013-08-02, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 01.08.2013 21:01, Michael Bohlender wrote:

> > Email encryption is a hard problem from a UX point of view.
> >
> > # it breaks webmail.  nothing we can do about that.
>
> Since Kolab is positioning itself as a defender of privacy right now as
> well, maybe they can find a solution to make at least their own
> webclient work with GPG...

The main problem with crypto in web mail clients is that there is no standard
crypto API in browsers (yet?). Meaning you need some kind of plugin or browser
specific extensions that can access the local crypto facilities.
I guess the best thing web clients can currently do on their own is verify
signatures.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring