Cookies in PA

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 18 16:00:53 UTC 2013

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 17:21:09 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 18.04.2013 16:48, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I'm thinking about looking at snowshoe, so not quite sure what kind of
> > future hte webbrowser has. Its development is simply lacking manpower
> > right now, which really is the root cause of this problem.
>
> I agree: A web browser is a central application for a tablet, and it's
> not something you can get to feature parity with other major products
> with a development team of one person, even if you get the rendering
> engine for free. You did great work on our Browser, but I don't think it
> makes much sense for you to continue developing it alone.
>
> So maybe adapting an existing corr-platform browser to our needs might
> be the more sensible solution in the long run, unless we find a lot more
> people willing to hack on the PA Browser.

The problem (and advantage at the same time) of snowshoe is that it's written
in Qt5, so we can't just add our features in, but would have to wait for
Frameworks 5 to appear. SLC could *maybe* be done with some D-Bus magic, but
things like cookiejar, KIO, KSSL integration would have to wait for F5.

So our situation is:
--
sebas