Cookies in PA

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 18 14:48:00 UTC 2013

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 16:00:58 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2013, 15:47:05 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Thursday, April 18, 2013 15:08:51 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > > is there a way to set, if cookies are rejected or accepted?
> >
> > Not in the Plasma Active UI. If installed, it can be done from Konqueror
> > or
> > Rekonq.
>
> I did find konqueror in the repos and installed it in my PA4 Virtualbox
> installation.
> But this is not the best way for users who are concerned about their
> privacy.  I think it has to go to settings.

... which means it needs a rewrite in QML. It's on the same "webbrowser TODO
stack" as SSL support in the UI.

I'm thinking about looking at snowshoe, so not quite sure what kind of future
hte webbrowser has. Its development is simply lacking manpower right now,
which really is the root cause of this problem.

>From the Plasma Active user's point of view, managing cookies is not supported
at this point, unfortunately.
--
sebas