playing mp3s in PA4

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Apr 12 14:23:09 UTC 2013

On 12.04.2013 16:14, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Another solution could be to partner with Fluendo to offer users to buy
> codecs from them as Add-Ons. This is how some desktop distros tackle the
> problem.

I just saw that Fluendo even offers the mp3 decoder for free
(http://www.fluendo.com/shop/category/end-user-products/)! All the more
reason to partner with them. We might still not be able to ship directly
with the decoder, but if users can just go to Add-Ons and download it
for free, they shouldn't mind (and that way they'd make first contact
with Add-Ons).
All the more reason to partner with them!