AP - full screen mode

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Apr 9 14:49:51 UTC 2013

On 09.04.2013 16:43, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 April 2013 16:32:24 Marco Martin wrote:
>> On Tuesday 09 April 2013, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>>> I don't consider yet multiple screens, the reason for using this is that
>>> showFullScreen() alone does not work on AP.
>>
>> i would like fullscreen windows working correctly, but apart from that, an
>> application should never ever worry about its geometry, it it does, there is
>> something wrong
>
> Thanks for clarifying this issue, but on AP there seems to be an issue with
> showFullScreen() as on openSUSE 12.3 there is no need to use setGeometry() for
> full screen.

Hi Bogdan,
long story short: Please use neither showFullScreen nor setGeometry in
PA at this point. Simply try to live without fullscreen for now until
we've figured out a safe standard way for fullscreen apps in Plasma Active.

I hope we can have that standard way ready for PA 5, so you can use
fullscreen then.