fixed Mer release on OBS for Plasma Active 3

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:41:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to discuss and request the following thing:
with Plasma Active we want to have a release shortly, around week 38.
the release should be a system pretty much frozen modulo just small bugfixes
for its lifecycle.
it will have its own repo on obs for the kde related bits.
but something that would be really useful that i already briefly talked with
some of you guys, is having on OBS a fixed release of Mer, ideally the current
one.

the problem comes from the fact that Project:KDE:Devel builds on top of
CE:UX:PlasmaActive (0 packages now, so not a problem) that in turn is on top
of CE:MW:PlasmaActive, that depends from  CE:MW:Shared and finally to Mer:Core

so, creating a "fixed" release of all this stuff seems a bit too much invasive
:/
any ideas on how to do something a bit more straightforward to have a stable
release that only gets bugfixes?