Get in touch with the user

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 30 10:44:59 UTC 2012

On 30.10.2012 11:27, Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> I am one of the users. I have long time expierience with KDE and try to start
> programming again, which i did many years ago (FORTRAN, ALGOL, BASIC, PASCAL).

Yes, and your feedback so far is very much appreciated. Keep it coming!

> For me it would be helpfull, if
> * there were dot-releases;

Why would that be helpful for you? Important bugfixes will be backported into
the stable branch, and since dot releases would only contain bugfixes anyway, I
don't see the advantage. The only advantage I see would be to know that when a
dot release is announced, you should "zypper up". On the other hand, if you care
about a bug you're probably subscribed to it, so when you see it's closed, you
know that you should "zypper up" as well

> * if i could install/activate more KDE-software, so i could test, what works
> and what is usable on a tablet and give feedback.

Well, most desktop KDE apps are not usable on a tablet. But if you have a
suggestion about what might work and should be added to the repos, just tell us
and we'll add it if there are no technical barriers.