sum up of yesterday IRC meeting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 25 18:59:41 UTC 2012

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 20:00:08 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> - use several page animations
> - implement an options page to allow, among other things, the selection of
> the page animation

why?

(when i ask "why?" i mean: what is the user benefit)

> - okular active might need some internal rework in order to use okular core
> library as backend and separate completely the frontend implemented in QML.

why? that said, the QML is fairly re-usable ...

> - I have not yet tested okular, a must have feature should be the ability to
> open at star the previously opened document at the last read page. Please
> confirm if this feature already exists

yes, this is the default behaviour of okular.

>    Not sure how well works the app store, hopefully I will put there soon my
> own version of the e-book reader

cool; we'll publish a "how to get your app in the store" soon ...

> In order to encourage the application development, I think that a tutorial
> explaining how to setup a development environment for AP would be very
> useful (everything compiled from sources, not some kind of distribution
> having already installed the binaries).

for application devel, what i'd like to see is a VM. it's really the simplest
way.

building from sources, however, is also pretty simple: plasma-mobile, share-
like-connect, plasma-active-maliit + current kdelibs, kde-runtime and kde-
workspace. this is not necessary / required, however, to develop apps for use
in/with PA.