Installation of PA3

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.com
Mon Oct 15 13:50:30 UTC 2012

Wolfgang hi,

On October 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM Wolfgang Romey <hier at wolfgangromey.de> wrote:

> Hallo, I am a long time KDE-user on Debian Sid and have Plasma-Active on my
> weTab for some time, from wich I kicked the original OS. I have testet the
> meego and mer weekly builds from basykom and the latest iso from balsam.

First I like to point out, the MeeGo based image are outdated and not supported
anymore.

> Now I have installed PA3 and maybe it is interesting for you, when I give
> feedback. But first, I want to thank you all for the great work. I hope, there
> will be hardware soon.
>
> The first thing, I want to make a remark on, is the installer. Is there a way,
> to get PA3 installed, without a usb-keybord? I think, that is importeant for
> the normal user.

Following steps should work from Plasma Active live mode:

su
export PATH=${PATH}:/sbin:/usr/sbin
installer-shell

> By the way, what is the diffrence between the iso from 14.10.2012 and the
> iso.1 from 15.10.2012?

There was no difference and the already removed <name>.1 files are
unneeded dublicated artifacts.

Great thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,

Maurice