Calligra Active's main screen

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 7 23:21:07 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:52:03 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 02.10.2012 12:19, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i think the Document Viewer is Calligra, actually .. Okular is our eBook
> > reader. but yes, i'd prefer to keep those names out of the marketing and
> > application listings for a variety of reasons. hopefully the distinction
> > between Books and Documents is clear enough for people ... though we hide
> > that detail nicely by replacing the "launch the application, open the
> > resource" workflow with "find the resource, open the resource"
>
> The executable of Okular Active is currently called
> "active-documentviewer", that's why I assume Ivan meant that one. This is
> what I mean by "Even we confuse the applications" ;)
> Yes, hiding the application as such is definitely the way to go, but there
> may still be occasions where we will have to use the name in
> communication, and then we should still use it consistently.
> I guess we should hide "Images" from the launcher as well, and probably
> even "Books", as well as Calligra Active (since its main screen is pretty
> badly designed anyway).

This is the second time I read this.  To be honest, I haven't checked the
looks of it since my Linux has too old libraries to compile Calligra Active so
I can't check how bad it is.

But I'm sure that Shantanu and Sujith would love to have some help to design a
better main screen. Especially since from what I hear and see in the latest
blog the rest of it is pretty awesome. I'd hate to see Calligra Active pushed
away from visibility because of a small thing like this.

	-Inge