time for a re-roll?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 21:21:42 UTC 2012

On Sunday 07 October 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Sunday 07 October 2012 20:25:14 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Friday 05 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > the tag issue is a big issue that needs fixing anyways, the okular
> > > touch tabbar is a minor issue ... just might be worth a re-roll.
> > > thoughts?
> >
> > in the repository now tags seems to work (would like others test it too
> > :p)
>
> First the good news: I can confirm that the tag duplication is gone :)
>
> Now the bad news:
> We have another serious issue: Disappearing tags. While trying tagging, two
> times newly created tags have disappeared the next time I started Files and
> they won't come back. What makes it worse is that I have not found any

depends how often it happens..
there is quite a patchwork on top of nepomuk1, that i don't think it can be
made much better in  a short time (should really get out of the door then
switch to nepomuk2..) now Vishes is looking at when the duplicate tag issue
happened, we may have a proper patch in the next days or not, we'll see

> pattern when this happens. I've recreated tags that were lost previously
> with the same name and the same file associated with it and the second
> time it stayed. Can anybody else reproduce this behavior?
>
> > and your last commits are in.
> > you can try with zypper up.
>
> With the rc1 image and zypper up today, there was no update to
> bodega-client, and consequently Aarons naming changes are not here. Were
> they not updated in the repos used in the rc image?

continuous integration is off for that package, updated by hand

> And there are several new problems:
>
> - "Browser" and "About" both don't start anymore. When starting them from
> Konsole, I get the following error:
> "FAILURE (KCmdLineArgs):
> Application requests for isSet("opengl") but the "opengl" option has never
> been specified via addCmdLineOptions( ... )"

ouch, should be fixed now

> - Maliit oscillates between two states: Either it is correctly raised above
> the window strip, but is not activated at all in e.g. the kwallet dialog,
> or it works with the dialog but is placed below the window strip. I

i think i know what it is, but don't think there is much to do about it in any
useful time

> - Calligra Active now brings Calligrs Author (which actually makes no sense
> to even install since there is no Active version of it, but anyway) whose
> .desktop file is obviously not blacklisted yet, but has to be (it's the
> desktop application, no touch-friendliness here ;) ).

hmm, in last revision both calligraactive and calligra author should be
blacklisted i tought