taglines on PA3 website.

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:53:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> hi...
>>
>> some suggested minor edits for the taglines at the top of the PA3 website,
>> mostly little grammar improvements:
>
> on http://plasma-active.org/3/
>
> I've now added the calendar screenshot, added the social network sharing icons
> that today's youngsters like, updated the "new in plasma active 3" section
>
> big problems remaining in the site:
> * press kit/reviewer guide: still old links to pa2 stuff

oops.

I can put PA 3 reviewer guide together later.
Need:
Plasma Active logo (in svg if available)
PA3 announcement link (when available)
verification that press contacts are the same
updated information on hardware and testing Plasma Active in a virtual machine

Media and Press Kit needs:
final announcement text
screenshots
graphics
location of video, if we're gonna have one

> * the big "Get it link" link goes to a wiki page that makes not much clear
> where to download stuff, should maybe be a direct link to the iso

yes

> *"Check it out" section: i adjusted the text a bit, can still use some
> improvement. here the download link points to the folder the iso will appear
> on basyskom website (other question: the balsam part will still be there? i
> know Sascha was doing something on it)

The issues here are substance more than form. Could someone please
look at this? Is "all supported devices" up to date? A guy told me
last evening that the Balsam image is working great. Should it be
included?

This boils down to--what is the best way for people to "Check it out"?
What will make most people most happy?

My apologies for not looking into the page deeper.

Carl