release

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Fri Oct 5 17:34:18 UTC 2012

	I do not know all the details about Vivaldi delay, just know that
drivers' source code is one the issues. The open source MALI 400 drivers are
still working in progress and there are the other drivers (specially wifi)
that are also very important.

	From http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/drivers/open-
source-mali-gpus-linux-kernel-device-drivers.php:

"Note that these components are not a complete driver stack. To build a
functional OpenGL ES or OpenVG driver you need access to the full source code
of the Mali DDK, which is provided under the standard ARM commercial licence
to all Mali GPU customers. For a complete integration of the Mali DDK with the
X11 environment refer to the Integration Guide supplied with the Mali DDK."

	Plasma Active requires OpenGL ES (well, you can use XRender, but then it
will consume more battery power), so this driver is not exactlly fully open
source.

	From http://limadriver.org/:

"The Lima driver currently only has some preliminary and highly experimental
support. This experimental phase is necessary to gain a full and complete
understanding of how the Mali GPUs work. Once more is known, an actual
graphics driver (most likely based off of Mesa/Gallium) can be written. There
is a lot of interesting work that still needs to be done!"

	The driver is not ready for production yet.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/