marked up webwords for PA3

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Oct 4 23:37:52 UTC 2012

On Thursday 04 October 2012 14:54:40 Carl Symons wrote:
> attached. With track changes turned on.
>
> The announcement text has also been reviewed and edited.
> https://promo.notes.kde.org/84

Great text overall!
Just one comment on the webwords and one on the announcement:

- The webwords have a whole paragraph on recommendations, which are simply not
included in PA3. Tracking of user behavior is there, but it currently isn't
used anywhere (or is there a place I missed) because the recommendation
overlay was deactivated. People looking for the recommendations would be in
for a big disappointment, so I'm not sure if we should mention them.

- I still don't think we should market Calligra Active in the announcement
like it's a full-fledged office suite. It is an office document _viewer_ (with
great compatibility for all kinds of office formats), no more, no less. Sure
we're not exactly lying because we don't mention editing explicitly, but I
still think that people reading this announcement would expect editing
capabilities and think something is broken when they start Calligra Active and
find no way to create or edit documents. Calligra Active's badly designed home
screen will only add to the confusion because it looks as if you could create
documents there, but you can't.

I'm not a marketer so I don't know how much "over-hyping" is adequate, I just
fear disappointed and angry users who don't get what they were promised. PA3
is awesome with what it actually _can_ do, I don't think we should advertise
things it can't.

Cheers,
Thomas