PA3 release screenshots

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:56:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, October 1, 2012 23:39:42 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Sorry, I'll have to be a bit nagging about names again because we're still
>> quite inconsistent here:

>> It's called Okular Active (although the name is intentionally not
>> user-visible anywhere).
>
> i think the Document Viewer is Calligra, actually .. Okular is our eBook
> reader. but yes, i'd prefer to keep those names out of the marketing and
> application listings for a variety of reasons. hopefully the distinction
> between Books and Documents is clear enough for people ... though we hide that
> detail nicely by replacing the "launch the application, open the resource"
> workflow with "find the resource, open the resource"
>
>> I'm okay with it being called "Files" for now, but it should be called that
>> _everywhere_ then (in the Launcher, in the window title, in crash reports
>> etc.).
>
> +1 for Files consistently across the board.

>> > "addons store"
>>
>> The window title and the title for the kwallet dialog was still "Add Ons
>> App" last time I checked. In the Launcher it's currently called "Store".
>
> i'd prefer "App" over "Store" as it's a lot more value-neutral. if we could
> drop 'App' altogether and just call it "Add Ons" that'd be great, but it
> doesn't seem meaningful enough to communicate the purpose of it to people
> without "Apps" (or "Store" or something like it) attached.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

"Add-ons" (with hyphen) is the proper grammar, but "Add Ons" would
work and looks more appealing.

"Add Ons" is not much different from Chrome's "Extensions". The
Firefox tools menu lists "Add-ons", and shows "Get Add-ons" under that
link (and a video!). People should be able to figure this out without
much trouble.

Maybe have something about this on the Welcome page.

Carl