Quality Management in PA?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Nov 20 16:25:12 UTC 2012

On 20.11.2012 15:09, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 November 2012 14:24:56 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Therefore, I'd volunteer to take the responsibility of quality manager
>> (or whatever we call that position in KDE) for Plasma Active. Duties for
>> this position in my opinion include:
>> - Triaging bugs
>> - Assigning confirmed bugs if possible
>> - Retesting bugs marked as fixed and closing them if they actually are
>> - Collecting bugs that are related to a sprint's focus topic
>> - Marking release blockers when releases are imminent
>>
>> Do you think such a position would be beneficial for Plasma Active at
>> this point, and if so, do you think I should do it or someone else?
> This sounds awesome. Having someone who cares about the bug tracker is
> extremely important. And I'm quite sure that developers will appreciate if QA
> assigns the bugs to them as that makes life much easier.

Guess so. This is one of the things I can do as a non-programmer to help
besides writing emails and wiki pages ;)

> Btw. Bugzilla supports a feature called "QA contact" which is not used by
> KDE's installation. This sounds like an excelent candidate. Also I would
> suggest to make great use of the flag feature of bugzilla. E.g. when a
> developer fixed a bug he can set the flag "QA" to questionmark and once you
> verified the fix you can set it to +. That way everybody has a nice list of
> things to work on.

Yes, I'll see what will be useful for us. Maybe the retesting / bugfix
verification workflow can be accomplished just by using statuses
(resolved/reopened/closed) and assigning to the right people, but maybe
flags can support us additionally. We'll see. I'll talk to the testing
team as well, Mamarok already gave me some valuable hints.