Quality Management in PA?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 14:09:58 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012 14:24:56 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Therefore, I'd volunteer to take the responsibility of quality manager
> (or whatever we call that position in KDE) for Plasma Active. Duties for
> this position in my opinion include:
> - Triaging bugs
> - Assigning confirmed bugs if possible
> - Retesting bugs marked as fixed and closing them if they actually are
> - Collecting bugs that are related to a sprint's focus topic
> - Marking release blockers when releases are imminent
>
> Do you think such a position would be beneficial for Plasma Active at
> this point, and if so, do you think I should do it or someone else?
This sounds awesome. Having someone who cares about the bug tracker is
extremely important. And I'm quite sure that developers will appreciate if QA
assigns the bugs to them as that makes life much easier.

Btw. Bugzilla supports a feature called "QA contact" which is not used by
KDE's installation. This sounds like an excelent candidate. Also I would
suggest to make great use of the flag feature of bugzilla. E.g. when a
developer fixed a bug he can set the flag "QA" to questionmark and once you
verified the fix you can set it to +. That way everybody has a nice list of
things to work on.

Cheers
Martin