Plasma active capabilities and direction

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 08:21:22 UTC 2012

On Monday, November 19, 2012 00:12:19 Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> I) How does PA deal with multiple screens?

it currently does not support multiple screens. which is to say: if you
attached a second monitor, nothing would show on it though you could move
windows to it.

and no, no tiling

> II) How does PA visavi virtual keyboard deal with external keyboards? Is
> the virtual keyboard disabled when there is a connected external kbd?

not currently, no.

it sounds like you are wanting to switch dynamically at runtime between
different input styles and usage modes. this is something we've implemented
previously for Plasma Netbook and Desktop, and something we plan on doing for
Plasma Active and the other workspaces as well.

> III)  Who does the device adaptations?

Whoever is interested in a given device; which may be a company or community
members. There are also people available for hire that can do such work.