Fwd: Google Code-in tasks needed

Sascha Manns Sascha.Manns at open-slx.de
Tue Nov 6 06:51:02 UTC 2012

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Pfeiffer wrote at Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 13:13:21:
> Google Code-In is on the horizon again (see forwarded mail)!
> We had some tasks in last year's program, and for a teenager program, we got
> some pretty interesting results!
> Does anyone have any ideas for tasks? The tasks can be of the type
> - code
> - doc
> - research
> - QA
> - user interface
>
> They should be really small ("a task should take a normal KDE contributor
> about 2 hours"), but larger tasks can be split into several smaller ones
> which are likely to be taken by the same person anyway, so this should not
> be the problem.
>
> I think especially the non-coding categories can be interesting for us,
> since we don't have much personnel for that. E.g. QA would be very helpful
> (we can e.g. have participants spend a day putting a certain application
> through its paces), documentation could be helpful as well (maybe Sascha
> could mentor some tasks for an English version of the handbook?). I may put
> in some research tasks for small user tests.

> Anyone willing to create and mentor a task for Code-In? It's a few days of
> relatively intensive mentoring for each task.
I've added the Handbook to the Ideas-Page as proposed. I'll checkin the
english stuff this week. So the guys can start proofrading :-) So a english
version of the book comes on the horizon too.
--
Sincerly yours
Sascha Manns

open-slx GmbH, GF: Dr. Ing. Stefan Werden , HR: 25786, Ust-ID: DE267619018
Einsteinring 7, 90 453 Nuremberg / Germany