Files task prioritization

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Nov 3 19:38:30 UTC 2012

On Saturday, November 3, 2012 16:32:44 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> introduction Activity in a plasmoid like the other intro plasmoid), but
> videos would be a lot better.

i have some bad news here: videos are unlikely to work due to how people
process such information. been doing some reading / research on these matters
(lots of recent academic activity on these things :) and it seems really,
really hard to be effective via video.

a more direct-the-users-hands-on-the-device tutorial approach, however, might
work. it's what video games have been doing for a # of years  ...

> > Missing Functionality
> > ============
> > P1
> >
> >      File and Tag rename/delete/remove: this is key functionality that is
> >
> > simply just missing, so critical to get this one done
>
> It is critical (espially the renaming an deletion of tags). However please
> consider the second solution I just put into the wiki. If you don't agree
> with it, we should discuss it more, but I am very strongly against many
> aspects of the first solution. It seems to me to try to overcome
> discoverability issues by introducing much less powerful alternatives to
> drag & drop. This should not be the way to go.

i was not keen on the first solution either.

we haven't committed to any of the solutions, in fact. we'll probably be
discussing solutions on-list (or possibly via online conference if people are
available) as get to the less clear / obvious items such as this one.