KDE Phone subsystem integration

jeremias bosch jeremias.bosch at basyskom.com
Wed May 9 11:51:22 UTC 2012

It does, Telepathy-Ring is an API to the GSM/UMTS stack (which is i.e.
ophono). Peregrine on Handset does actually have telepathy ring support.
I'm but worried on this SFLPhone. 'Haveing it' does not mean that you
can use it from a product point of view since it is gplv3.

Am 05/09/2012 01:14 PM, schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> On 09.05.2012 09:59, jeremias bosch wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> yep we are working on peregrine, see www.peregrine-communicator.org .
>>
>> Peregrine is a modular IM-communicator using QML for the frontend and
>> telepathy
>> in the backend. It's supporting ring, sip, (gtalk) video/voice call,
>> chat,
>> account and contact management... It's default installed on Plasma
>> Active MeeGo
>> Image and we are currently looking into issues within the Mer Plasma
>> Active images.
>
> So we have Peregrine and SFLPhone KDE which both support voice and
> video chat, and the KDE Telepathy team is also working on a touch ui
> for their application.
> I guess it would make sense for the three teams (or rather two teams
> plus Emmanuel) to coordinate their efforts, wouldn't it?
> However, Telepathy does not offer GSM phone features, does it? So we'd
> still need a working phone stack for smartphones.

Diplom Inf. (FH) Jeremias Bosch
Junior Project Manager
Darmstadt

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 870589-0 | Fax: -736 |
jeremias.bosch at basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dr.-Ing. Eva Brucherseifer

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly forbidden.