KDE Phone subsystem integration

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed May 9 11:14:30 UTC 2012

On 09.05.2012 09:59, jeremias bosch wrote:
> Hi there,
> yep we are working on peregrine, see www.peregrine-communicator.org .
>
> Peregrine is a modular IM-communicator using QML for the frontend and telepathy
> in the backend. It's supporting ring, sip, (gtalk) video/voice call, chat,
> account and contact management... It's default installed on Plasma Active MeeGo
> Image and we are currently looking into issues within the Mer Plasma Active images.

So we have Peregrine and SFLPhone KDE which both support voice and video chat,
and the KDE Telepathy team is also working on a touch ui for their application.
I guess it would make sense for the three teams (or rather two teams plus
Emmanuel) to coordinate their efforts, wouldn't it?
However, Telepathy does not offer GSM phone features, does it? So we'd still
need a working phone stack for smartphones.