PA OpenEmbedded support (WIP)

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Fri Mar 30 11:14:41 UTC 2012

Em Friday 30 March 2012, Samuel Stirtzel escreveu:
> Hi,

	Hi,

> lately I have good progress on my work, normal KDE applications seem
> to work fine in OpenEmbedded.
> But my main goal, to port PA, still needs some effort.
>
> Currently I'm at the point that the home screen of PA shows up,
> but it seems like something went wrong with the declarative scriptengine.
>
> So there is a big sign with a "X" as label showing the text:
> "Could not create a declarativeappletscript sctiptengine"

	Enable all debug messages using kdebugdialog program (if possible),
restart the graphical interface, try again and send me the ~/.xsession-errors
file.

> Under /usr/lib/kde4 there are these (relevant?) libraries found:
> -
> plasma_appletscriptengine_dashboard.so
> plasma_runnerscript_javascript.so
> plasma_dataenginescript_javascript.so
> plasma_appletscript_simple_javascript.so
> plasma_appletscriptengine_webapplet.so
> plasma_appletscript_declarative.so
> -

	Are you using KDE SC 4.8.0 as I told you?

> The Qt and kde libs are at /usr/lib:
> -
> libQtDeclarative.so.4.8.0
> libkdeclarative.so.5
> libQtDeclarative.so.4.8
> libQtDeclarative.so.4
> libkdeclarative.so.5.8.0
> -
>

> So I assume that some library like
> "plasma_appletscriptengine_declarative.so" is missing.
> But kde-runtime logs don't indicate something like that.

	Probably you are using the wrong version of the libraries or something
else is missing. For exampe, this week a guy tried to install PA on OpenSuse
12.1 and it only succeeded when he installed share-like-connect pacakge. Do
you have share-like-connect installed?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/