PA OpenEmbedded support (WIP)

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 08:30:39 UTC 2012

2012/3/6 Lamarque V. Souza <Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com>:
> Em Tuesday 06 March 2012, Samuel Stirtzel escreveu:

>> > Hi,

>> > startactive is trying to launch kstartupconfig4. The startactive module
>
>> > for that executable was removed from the development version of Plasma
>
>> > Active image, it is still present in Plasma Active 2 image though. Are
>
>> > you using startactive package from PA2? Do you have
>
>> > /usr/bin/kstartupconfig4 installed?
>

>> Hi,
>

> Hi,
>

>> kstartupconfig4 is not installed on the machine.
>
>> Yes the version used was from the git tag Active 2.0 release,
>
>> kde-workspace has version v4.7.4.
>

> kstartupconfig4 comes from kde-workspace package.
> Did you compile kde-workspace from source? By the way, PA2 uses
> kde-workspace master, not 4.7.4. The version 4.7.4+git* means 4.7.4 with
> commits from master applied. If you are compiling kde-workspace from source
> you should use 4.8.0 instead, which was the master version when PA2 was
> built.
>
>> Has/had startactive a runtime dependency to kde-workspace? Seems like
>
>> kde-workspace was not picked up at the root filesystem creation.
>
>> The next step seems to be Contour, is there a file where the startup
>
>> sequences and the needed files / packages are listed?
>

> startactive is a replacement for startkde, the script that kde-workspace
> uses to start a KDE session. So yes, startactive is a runtime dependency for
> kde-workspace used in Plasma Active. The startup sequency is defined by the
> dependencies defined in startactive's modules in
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/startactive/modules/. But changing the order is not
> trivial, you must correctly fullfill the depencies and not cause ciclic
> dependencies or you will cause a dead-lock in startactive. The current order
> works as long as you have all programs listed in the exec line in
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/startactive/modules/*.modules installed.
>

> --
>
> Lamarque V. Souza
>
> http://www.basyskom.com/

Hi,
lately I have good progress on my work, normal KDE applications seem
to work fine in OpenEmbedded.
But my main goal, to port PA, still needs some effort.

Currently I'm at the point that the home screen of PA shows up,
but it seems like something went wrong with the declarative scriptengine.

So there is a big sign with a "X" as label showing the text:
"Could not create a declarativeappletscript sctiptengine"

Under /usr/lib/kde4 there are these (relevant?) libraries found:
-
plasma_appletscriptengine_dashboard.so
plasma_runnerscript_javascript.so
plasma_dataenginescript_javascript.so
plasma_appletscript_simple_javascript.so
plasma_appletscriptengine_webapplet.so
plasma_appletscript_declarative.so
-

The Qt and kde libs are at /usr/lib:
-
libQtDeclarative.so.4.8.0
libkdeclarative.so.5
libQtDeclarative.so.4.8
libQtDeclarative.so.4
libkdeclarative.so.5.8.0
-

So I assume that some library like
"plasma_appletscriptengine_declarative.so" is missing.
But kde-runtime logs don't indicate something like that.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

--
Regards
Samuel