activity configuration UI

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 22:32:59 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 14:11:37 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> Before integrating this phrase we tested with a lot of people. We tested
> different words and phrases like "protect, lock, mark...as private,
> secure" etc.  The result has beenthat most people preferred and
> understood the phrase "lock as private".

what were the question(s) that were asked when testing this?

> Here both results, the locking
> of the activity with a password AND the encryption of the private data,
> have been understood.

why?

could this be accomplished in the UI that sets the password? or in a message
that appears in-line when Private is selected? in documentation?

(i ask because i'm not sure i understand why this needs to be communicated in
the label for the toggle switch, and i do think it makes the dialog overly
verbose ... )

> One thing in general: I am thinking about a while now about some kind of
> wizard in this case: we could split those 3 steps into a small, little
> wizard, at least for the creation of new activities. That makes it easy
> to add different steps in between, like the private activities step ->
> it would be a handy and guided flow for the user, where he can quickly
> create a new activity.

my concern is that this takes too much time to set up an activity and that it
also would deviate from the "configure activity" UI.