activity configuration UI

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:13:00 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 28.03.2012 15:46, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > instant apply is really not a possibility here for technical reasons. we
> > can get rid of the Close button though by making an outside tap close
> > and cancel the dialog.
>
> Okay okay, so no instant apply. But can we still open the password setting
> dialog directly after switching (without doing the actual encryption/moving
> of resources yet)? This would imo still be better than setting it after
> closing the main dialog (for various reasons stated earlier).

no, the two things are an atomic transaction, because is completely done by
another process, the plasma shell process doesn't have any kind of control
over it for security reasons (that's also the reason it's another separated
dialog) so all that's doable is asking the activity service "pop up the
dialog" but not much more, unless the api of the activity server becomes
something very convoluted like "show the dialog but don't save" "save the
previously inserted data" "forget the data" but very error prone