Plasma active testers needed

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Thu Mar 22 15:51:13 UTC 2012

Em Thursday 22 March 2012, Carl Symons escreveu:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please read the whole e-mail :)
> >
> > I'll need a couple of brave volunteers that have nothing to hide (aka
> > no private data on their devices) to install the latest meego image
> > (even better to wait for the first one built after this mail).
> >
> > You would use the same image for a week, two weeks, longer. Without
> > reformatting the drive. And send me a few files after a week, after
> > two, etc.
> >
> > The files needed are:
> >  - .kde/share/config/activitymanagerrc
> >  - .kde/share/config/locationmanagerrc
> >  - .kde/share/apps/activitymanager/activityranking/database
> >
> > --
> >
> > If you want to help even more (or don't want to keep the same image
> > for a long time) and have different wifis you connect to, please do
> > this:
> > start kdebugdialog --fullmode and set contour's and
> > kactivitymanagerd's debug outputs to two different files in your home
> > folder.
> >
> > Play with wifis and locations (set the location via the location
> > applet for each wifi) turn off the device a couple of times, turn
> > on...
> >
> > And send me the logs.
>
> Would the tablet still be viable for demos?
>
> If so, I'll do it.
>
> How specifically is this done?
>
> > start kdebugdialog --fullmode and set contour's and
> > kactivitymanagerd's debug outputs to two different files in your home
> > folder.

	You need to launch konsole to run kdebugdialog, you can do that using
the app launch area (the one that lists installed apps when you slide the
panel). Then you run

kdebugdialog --fullmode

	Then: 1. use the search field in kdebugdialog's window to search for the
string "contour", 2. select "File" in the "Output to" combobox , 3. configure
the file name in the input text field below the combobox. 4. Repeat the
process for the string "acitvitymanager", 5. click on "Ok" button.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/