Renaming our product in Bugzilla?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Mar 22 10:16:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,
since we have had a few people reporting bugs to "Active" in Bugzilla which
where not PA-related (and Jochen Keil's explicit comment "I did not understand
that this means the "Active Project". I rather thought it meant something like
"active bug" or so."), It seems that the product name "Active" is misleading to
some. And besides that, "Active" isn't the name of our product anyway, so I'd
suggest renaming it to "Plasma Active" in Bugzilla, even though it's not on the
pole position of the list anymore then.
Does this make sense or are there important reasons for keeping the name "Active"?
Cheers,
Thomas