akademy talk?

martin brook martin.brook100 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:13:01 UTC 2012

Hi There,

I've submitted this.

There may be some overlay in the final item but we can resolve this nearer
the time.

BR

vgrade

Name : Martin Brook , IRC nick vgrade
Title : Device Adaptation for Mer Devices Focusing on Spark Tablet
Description : I've been involved in the Device Adaptation of various
devices built using Mer Core and in this talk I will focus on the Spark
Tablet taking it from standard Android to running Mer core then onto
Integration with Plasma Active.
Abstract:
 I've been involved in the Device Adaptation of the Spark tablet since
December 11 and would like to share my experience of the process involved
in taking the Zenithink C71 running Android and converting it into the
Spark running Mer and Plasma Active.  I will cover the following areas :-

 Understanding the Boot Process - As with all device adaptations we must
understand how the device boots, I will talk about the various systems I've
seen and share some tips on how to get your kernel and filesystems booting
 Kernel Source - I will talk about what's required from a kernel for Mer
core and also share some tips to get your custom kernel booting
 Mer Project - Since the demise of MeeGo a group of people are working on
the Mer project which aims to provide and maintain a small (approx 320) set
of core OSS packages which can be used by SME's to build products.  I will
outline what is provided and some examples of where its being used.
 Plasma Active Integration - I will talk about how the port to ARM devices
came about and the issues we had in integration on Spark