Installing plasma active (PA) on Balsam Professional fails

Sascha Manns Sascha.Manns at open-slx.de
Mon Jun 25 17:15:17 UTC 2012

Hi Bodgan,

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2012, 15:17:39 schrieb Bogdan Cristea:
> I have followed the instructions for installing PA on Balsam Professional
> with Balsam-Professional-12.1-USB-Install-i586.img and
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation#Installation_on_Balsam_P
> rofessional, but after installing PA from repository the KDE desktop becomes
> unusable.
Our prefered way is to install the PA2 Image, and then updating via the
Repositories like described there: http://community.open-
slx.com/articles.php?article_id=398
But thank you very much, we have to update the Link.

> So, I think that we need a development environment for PA based on some well
> known Linux distribution (personally I prefer openSUSE) if we want to have
> more applications developed for this platform.
I don't think that can be. openSUSE don't support PA anymore.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask :-)
--
Sincerly yours
Sascha Manns