Installing plasma active (PA) on Balsam Professional fails

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:17:39 UTC 2012

Hi

I am trying to setup a development environent for PA using an ExoPC tablet.
The only way till now was to install the Meego based image, but this solution
is not appropriate for development since the repositories are scarce in
packages.

I have followed the instructions for installing PA on Balsam Professional with
Balsam-Professional-12.1-USB-Install-i586.img and
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation#Installation_on_Balsam_Professional,
but after installing PA from repository the KDE desktop becomes unusable.

Trying to install PA from source seems to be difficult, because one needs to
compile first KDE. I have tried several times, but with no luck and there are
no clear instructions on PA site.

So, I think that we need a development environment for PA based on some well
known Linux distribution (personally I prefer openSUSE) if we want to have
more applications developed for this platform.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

regards
--
Bogdan